The National Waste and Recycling Association is accepting applications for the Hall of Fame and Driver and Operator of the Year awards. Those selected for the Hall of Fame and Drivers and Operators of the Year will be honored during NWRA’s Awards Breakfast at WasteExpo 2019.
“We have tremendous talent in our industry. Our member companies and their employees are the strength of NWRA. It is important we recognize the contributions they make to the Association and the waste and recycling industry,” said NWRA President and CEO, Darrell Smith.
The Hall of Fame recognizes leaders in the industry who have made significant contributions. Hall of Fame Award nominations will be considered by the Association’s Awards Committee and the Board of Trustees. Nominations should include specific examples of significant contributions by the nominee in the following areas:
· Recognition within the industry as a founder, pioneer, visionary or icon
· Enduring legacy and impact of contributions to the industry for a minimum of 25 years
· Steadfast values such as integrity, respect, courage, mentorship, volunteerism, and inclusiveness
· Inspirational leadership at a service provider or supplier, or on issues important to the Association
· Active industry engagement and service as an Ambassador of the industry
The Driver of the Year award recognizes the safest and most efficient drivers in the industry in several different categories that include:
- Local Companies (fewer than 500 trucks)
- Regional Companies (500-2,500 trucks)
- National Companies (more than 2,500 trucks)
The Operator of the Year recognizes heavy equipment operators working in post-collection including landfills, Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs), and transfer stations. Two Operator of the Year awards will be given this year.
Nominees must be employed by a NWRA member company. Municipalities do not have to be a member.
For more information, visit www.wasterecycling.org.