DuPont™ Performance Building Solutions (PBS) and Corian® Design announced the business’s 2030 Sustainability Goals, in support of its aspiration to lead and partner in delivering solutions that transform how lasting affordable shelter is created for people around the world. The goals are aligned within the framework of DuPont’s 2030 Sustainability Goals and seek to contribute meaningfully to the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Specifically, the business aspires to
- Direct 100 percent of the innovation portfolio to meaningfully advance the UN SDGs and create value for customers;
- Reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from operations by 75 percent from 2019 levels;
- Advance the circular economy in the building industry through innovation in materials and business models, collaboration, and end-of-life plans that eliminate and upcycle waste across the product life cycle;
- Collaborate with customers and partners to bring green chemistry innovations to market and will drive continued reduction in the presence of priority substances in the product portfolio;
- Work to build communities, strengthen families, and empower the next generation across the globe.
“We are thrilled to share our 2030 sustainability goals, which will serve as our north star for advancing sustainability in the built environment over the next decade.” said Shawn Hunter, Global Sustainability Leader, DuPont PBS and Corian® Design. “We believe that purpose and profit go hand in hand, and our core beliefs have inspired us to define what we hope are bold goals that will help drive the transition to sustainability that is urgently needed in the building industry. By pairing our beliefs with the passion of our employees and collaboration from our market partners, we seek to drive real change in building materials and practices over the next decade.”
“DuPont PBS and Corian® Design has been an innovation leader for decades, and we must continue to lead and help the world navigate the remarkable challenges of today and tomorrow”, Hunter added. “We have to apply our building science to innovate as if our future depends on it. Because it does.”
For more information, visit https://www.dupont.com/building/sustainability.html.