The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) announced the winners of its annual Transportation Safety Awards. The awards are presented to those members that have demonstrated a strong commitment to the safety of their employees and public through effective fleet safety programs. The fleet awards are in two categories: Best Fleet Award and Pacesetter Award.
“We are very proud to announce this year’s winners of ISRI’s Transportation Safety Awards,” said Tony Smith, ISRI’s vice president of safety. “These company and individual award winners have shown that their dedication to health and safety in the workplace is serious and meaningful. We wish them continued success and we hope that others in the transportation and recycling industries will strive to follow in their footsteps.”
Based on class size, the Best Fleet Award is presented to the ISRI member company with the lowest vehicle crash rate for the previous calendar year in each of four classes, decided by vehicle miles traveled. The following are the first-, second- and third-place recipients for each class:
- TJN Enterprises, Spencer, Iowa.
- Shine Bros. Corp., Spencer, Iowa.
- Consolidated Scrap Resources, York, Pa.
Intermediate Class (500,001 to 1,000,000 miles)
- United Scrap Transport Fleet LLC, Philadelphia.
- Metal Exchange, Saint Louis.
- Reserve Transport LLC–Reserve Management Group, Stow, Ohio.
- United Scrap Metal Inc., Cicero, Ill.
- Schupan, Kalamazoo, Mich.
Large Class (Greater than 5,000,000 miles)
- Page Transportation, Inc., Weedsport, N.Y.
- Page ETC Inc., Weedsport, N.Y.
- OmniSource Transport LLC, Fort Wayne, Ind.
The Pacesetter Award, also based on class size, is granted to the ISRI member company with the lowest vehicle accident rate for 36 months in each of four classes, decided by vehicle miles traveled. The winners are:
Small Class: TJN Enterprises, Spencer, Iowa.
Intermediate Class: United Scrap Transport Fleet LLC, Philadelphia.
Medium Class: United Scrap Metal Inc., Cicero, Ill.
Large Class: Page ETC Inc., Weedsport, N.Y.