Sioux Falls-based Raven Engineered Films announced the company will move forward as Viaflex. The new name and corporate identity follow the April 2022 acquisition by Industrial Opportunity Partners (“IOP”) from Raven Industries and position the company as an independent, stand-alone business. The new name represents a combination of two words that honor and encapsulate the company’s mission and culture:
- VIA, or by way of, speaks to the way Viaflex uses science, data, and the latest technologies to create innovative, comprehensive solutions to complex challenges, particularly as demand increases for sustainable solutions that safeguard the environment.
- FLEX, is a nod to the company’s strengths, ability to react quickly, and industry-leading, best-in-class products.
“We are excited to launch the Viaflex brand and are committed to protecting earth and promoting industry,” said Scott Wickersham, Viaflex President and CEO. “Viaflex is focused on creating value for our customers by delivering excellent service, exceptional quality, and industry-leading innovation. We have a strong culture and have added more talent to our outstanding team in support of our new strategies.”
The company has distinguished itself across more industries than other plastics manufacturers. An innovator in developing and manufacturing thinner, lighter, stronger polymer film and sheeting solutions, Viaflex helps solve application and product challenges across the globe, including:
- Agriculture: feed, grain and silage covers; containment liners and fumigation films
- Construction: enclosure, vapor barrier, and gas barrier films
- Energy: reliable liners and containment solutions for the gas and oil industries Geo: geomembrane liners and covers to support the environmental sector
- Industrial: custom solutions for any project
- Installation: world-class geomembrane liner installation services
Viaflex, as an independent company, can now focus on product and installation execution, supporting internal R&D and engineering teams, quality control, and strong industry partnerships to propel continued growth. The company’s rigid ISO 9001-certified management system supports the demand for new and more innovative solutions that enable customers across multiple industries to protect the environment, natural resources, property and business assets. “Launching the Viaflex brand is the next chapter for this great company,” said Dave Mackin at IOP. “This is an exceptional team with an unmatched and diverse set of capabilities. We are excited for the future of Viaflex.”