November 2020
Click to read the November issue:
November 2020

In the Spotlight: Food Waste Management:Tackling Challenging Waste Streams to Recycle Food Waste
From clean source separated organics to packaged food materials, Waste Management’s CORe® process can manage higher levels of contaminated food waste, providing customers with a more practical and economical way of managing a wider variety of food waste generated at their workplace. Arielle Bernard, CORe®’s Sale Support Manager for Waste Management Greater Mid-Atlantic, discusses the concept, operation, benefits and its most recent facility.

Management: Tax Talk: 12 Year-End Topics to Discuss with Your Advisor
As 2020 comes to a close, start thinking about the changes to tax laws and how they may have affected your organization.
Julie Murphy, David Henderson and Wesley Allen

Tires: Past Tire Performance Can Help Fleets Make Informed Future Tire Decisions
Scrap tire analysis can provide you with a wealth of knowledge that can help you make better decisions, with regard to maintenance, tire selection, retread specification and driver-related programs in your fleet.
Jason C. Miller

Financing: Equipment Finance: Eight Months into a Global Pandemic
Since the waste industry might be affected by the pandemic when securing financing for an equipment purchase, we want to ensure that you have all the information regarding the “new normal” credit process and understand the steps to now take to reduce the impact on your business.
Jim Peach

Wheels: Lighter Aluminum Wheels Outweigh Steel
Forged aluminum wheels present lifetime advantages over steel wheels. Although steel wheels are less expensive at the time of purchase, they become more high maintenance over time.
Raluca Pascu

Leachate Management: Leachate is the Driving Force for PFAS Sequestration in Landfills
Potential for sequestering PFAS shown through mass balance approach.
Arie Kremen, PhD

Financing: As Your Business Grows, so do Your Bank Financing Alternatives
Choosing the appropriate financing alternatives as your company expands ensures that your business operations run smoothly and growth capital flexibility is maximized.
Steve Arentsen

Landfills: Landfill Mining with Steam Injection
Steam injection in landfills can enhance landfill gas production, recover airspace, generate clean energy and improve the landfill mining process.
Reg Renaud

Waste Diversion: Busting the Sorting Myth
Unlocking the full value of our plastic waste will go a long way towards helping organizations honor their commitment to increase the level of recycled material they use in their packaging.
Professor Edward Kosior

Guest Commentary: What Covid-19 Taught Me
The rapid spread of COVID-19 has forced us to make dramatic changes in every area of our lives in a very short time. Countries, towns, cities, communities, businesses and families were brought to a standstill and shutdown overnight, leaders declared national and international emergencies, and people and institutions adapted to atypical economic and societal change.
Dave Gajadhar

Management Case Study: Never Missing a Beat
When Lusk Disposal Service and Empire Waste Systems were ready to make the switch to a new payment system, CardWorks Acquiring not only offered them the best solution, but also white-glove service every step of the way.
Bill Johnston

Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls
According to OSHA, more than 65 percent of falls in the workplace are caused by a slip or trip. The other 35 percent of falls occur when workers fall off an object such as a ladder, loading dock or piece of equipment. Slips and trips can be prevented with good housekeeping, proper footwear and best practices to keep the workforce safe.
Will Flower

The Power of a Team
It is one thing to talk about a plan, but put that plan to action and make sure everyone on your team knows what you want to accomplish and where you want to go together.
John Paglia III

HHW Collection Effectiveness Metric
A simple comparable metric for tracking your HHW collection program’s effectiveness.
David Nightingale, CHMM, S.C.

 

Sponsor