The National Waste and Recycling Association (NWRA) Women’s Council elected a slate of new leaders for 2020, including Faith Zydowsky of Sierra Container as President. Zydowsky said, “Congratulations to the 2020 board on their newly elected positions. On behalf of the 2020 board, we look forward to the continued growth of our fine membership, professional development activities and fundraising for our scholarship program. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve the the waste and recycling industry as Vice President and Chair of Fundraising for the NWRA Womens Council. I am eager and excited to work with the exceptional members of this organization.”
Outgoing Women’s Council President Carmen Smothers said, “It has been a pleasure to serve as president of the NWRA Women’s Council. We have done great things together and I know that will continue. I look forward to supporting the industry and the Women’s Council in other roles.”
Also elected to the 2020 Women’s Council Board:
- Vice President – Katie Raverty-Evans, Best Way Disposal
- Treasurer – Dianne Cervantes, WCA
- Secretary – Cheryl Waite, Perkin Manufacturing
- Membership and Marketing – Tate Moeller, Organix Solutions
- Scholarship – Tammy Holtzman, Waste Connections
- Fundraising – Pam Caron, Risk Strategies; Laura Askin Grannis, Rehrig Pacific
- Professional Development – Maria Frizzell, Schaefer Systems International
- Past President – Carmen Smothers, 3rd Eye
The terms begin on January 1, 2020.
For more information, visit www.wasterecycling.org.