The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) has announced the 2023 Recycling Committee Executive Board. The Recycling Committee is a tactical committee that represents PLASTICS’ members across the association’s four councils, bringing equipment makers, brand owners, processors, and material suppliers together aligning their collective efforts to put recycling at the forefront of their business priorities.
The PLASTICS Recycling Committee works to enhance the management of plastic waste through efforts such as advocating for increased collection, sortation, and recycling infrastructure, ensuring that the definition of “recycling” includes advanced recycling, educating people within and outside of the plastics industry about plastics recycling, and much more.
“PLASTICS relies on and values leadership from our members,” said Andy Brewer, PLASTICS’ Associate Director of Sustainability and Materials. “We are excited to announce the 2023 Recycling Committee Executive Board, with expert professionals that represent the entire plastic supply chain.”
The Recycling Committee’s 2023 Executive Board is as follows:
- Chair: Tory Flynn, Hillenbrand
- Vice Chair: Melanie Bower, ExxonMobil
- Member at Large: Lindy Holland, M. Holland
- Member at Large: Jean Jordan, Nexus Circular
- Member at Large: Ray Pellerin, EREMA
- Advanced Recycling: Holli Alexander, Eastman
- Advocacy & Communications: Christine Cassidy, Dart
- Events & Education: John Cook, Niagara Bottling
- New End Market Opportunities: Dan Sanders, Printpack
- Immediate Past Chair: Kevin Cronin, Ultra-Poly Corporation
The Recycling Committee Executive Board is comprised of ten members, voted upon annually by committee members, and elected to provide thought leadership for PLASTICS and throughout industry.