WasteExpo 2020, North America’s largest solid waste, recycling and organics industry event,offers an interactive conference program that dives deep into vital industry topics over four days. WasteExpotakes place May 4-7, 2020 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA.
WasteExpo Spotlight Sessions include:
- Worthing Jackman, President and CEO of Waste Connections, will participate in a CEO Fireside Chat with Darrell Smith, President and CEO of NWRA to discuss leadership, business insights, industry issues and more.
- Representatives from Los Angeles, CA, Santa Clara County, CA, Portland, OR and Madison, WI will present Reducing Food Waste and Increasing Recovery in Municipal Regional and State Programs.
- The Waste & Recycling Industry Employment Outlook and will bring together the influential HR leaders together to discuss challenges and opportunities on issues including talent acquisition, workforce development and employee retention.
- Keystakeholders of Feet on the Street Atlanta will present The Recycling Partnership’s Case Study on Citywide Contamination Reduction.The program serves as a foundational model for TRP’s contamination-fighting methods implemented in communities across the country. The Recycling Partnership, Keep Atlanta Beautiful Commission at City of Atlanta,and sustainability representatives from The Coca-Cola Foundation, Multi-Family Housing, Atlanta and University Housing, Atlanta will discuss the program’s inception, execution and success. In addition, never-before-shared data about the program will be shared.
- ThePlugging Into Opportunities in Refuse Fleet Electrificationsession will discuss the opportunities and challenges that come with electrified refuse vehicles.
- Adam Minter, recycling expert, New York Times best-selling author and Bloomberg columnist, will present Stuff: The Hidden Borderland of Waste and Recycling and Ryan Hickman, CNN Young Wonder Award Recipient and one of MSN’s top kids changing the world, will introduce Minter and will detail how his passion for recycling grew from a fun project with his father, to becoming a young entrepreneur and a youth environmentalist.
WasteExpo will also offer four half-day workshops that each focus on a different industry topics including, Zero Waste Certified Training, Food Waste & Organics Diversion Program Development, Safety, and Recycling. The WasteExpo Food Recovery Forum offers ways to solve the social and environmental issues of wasted food as well as means to profit from the recovery and reuse of food waste. And the Composting & Organics Recycling conference program delivers three days of educationand technical sessions on Organics Management.
In addition to the Conference Program, the Exhibit Hall, which is open May 5-7, 2020, will feature more than 600 exhibitors showcasing the latest industry solutions.
For more information, visit www.wasteexpo.com.
Waste Advantage Magazine readers save! Register with code VP29.