- Supplier Directory
- This event has passed.
NERC Webinar: AgSTAR’s Anaerobic Digestion Resource for Farms
July 16 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
On-farm anaerobic digestion is a great way to process manure and other organics. Understanding the details about how to make it all work is vital to its success. The webinar will feature EPA’s—Anaerobic Digestion Project Development Handbook—a new resource that outlines the details of setting up and operating an on-farm anaerobic digestion system.
AgSTAR’s Handbook includes:
- Process Fundamentals
- Digester Feedstocks
- AD/Biogas System Products, Equipment and Uses
- Economic and Financial Factors
- Screening and Feasibility Studies
- Business Relationships
- Public and Community Outreach
- Safety, Operation, and Maintenance Considerations
- Additional Tools and Resources
- Vanessa McKinney, Program Manager for EPA’s AgSTAR Program– works with U.S. livestock, biogas, and government stakeholders to advance the deployment of digesters and biogas systems.
- Peter Melnik, co-owner of Bar-Way Farm– a family-owned dairy farm for more than 100 years in Deerfield, Massachusetts. Mr. Melnik will present a farmers’ perspective in running a farm with an AD for managing manure and producing electricity.
- John Hanselman, Chairman & CEO of Vanguard Renewables– John has 30 years of experience in leading renewable energy, environmental, and mission-based companies. Mr. Hanselman will present about the anaerobic digester project development process and their experience with working with Bar-Way Farm.