The Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF) announces the 2023 Summit on Quantification of Landfill Emissions, taking place October 24th and 25th in Chicago, IL. This esteemed event brings together engineers, academics, industry professionals, government personnel, and policymakers to address the pressing issue of greenhouse gas emissions from solid waste management facilities.
Call for Abstracts Now Open
EREF invites experts in the field to share their knowledge and contribute to the Summit by submitting abstracts for presentations. Topics of interest include:
- Assessments of direct emissions measurement technologies, such as satellite, aircraft, drone, fixed sensors, and ground-based techniques
- Challenges or variables that can significantly impact direct measurements
- Comparisons of emission modeling/equations to direct measurement
- Carbon accounting methods used to assess methane emissions
- The current state of practice of emissions measurement
Presentations should focus on emissions measurement at solid waste management facilities, including landfills, renewable natural gas (RNG) facilities, and compost operations. The Summit aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the latest developments, research, and best practices in the field.
Join the Conversation
Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in the 2023 EREF Quantification of Landfill Emissions Summit and contribute to the global conversation on reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Share your expertise, network with fellow professionals, and help shape the future of landfill emissions management. Abstract submission deadline is June 2, 2023. Abstracts should follow the template and must be submitted electronically. Registration and Sponsorships will be available this summer.