With brand new live events and updated products, the American Public Works Association’s (APWA) PWX@Home is highlighting Engineering, Technology, and Asset Management throughout the month of January. Each month through July 2021, APWA is offering virtual education sessions related to a specialty within public works, and providing dynamic professional credentialing and networking opportunities to all public works professionals.
“Since September, we have seen a clear, and increasing interest in APWA’s virtual offerings with the number of registrants growing every month, and we are pleased to provide quality education programming and credentialing materials to assist public works professionals in continuing their career development,” said APWA Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Scott D. Grayson, CAE.
Live, virtual forums such as the Small Cities/Rural Communities Perspective On Series, which has become the most highly attended live program over the past two months, is one example of the unique public works sessions participants can join to exchange knowledge with peers from across North America.
Additional highlights of January PWX@Home events and products include:
Live Virtual Events
- Jan. 12 – Feb. 04: Construction Inspection Live Online Workshop;
- The program, worth 2.0 CEU credits, or 20 hours of CPII recertification credit, is based on the APWA Construction Inspection Manual and is designed for construction inspectors of various experience levels and all facets of public project inspection are covered.
- Jan. 14: International Perspectives and the Value of Asset Management;
- Hosted by APWA’s International Affairs Committee, this moderated panel discussion will focus on different asset management implementations around the world, as well as international standards, lessons learned, and how to get started.
- Jan. 21: Government Affairs Third Thursday Advocacy Jam;
- Federal and state/provincial policies in both the U.S. and Canada can play a critical role in the promotion, adoption and successful implementation of asset management. Join the APWA Government Affairs team for an overview and interactive discussion of government programs impacting asset management.
- Jan. 25 – 28: Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) Training;
- The ENV SP designation is becoming an increasingly important credential for any professional involved in civil infrastructure. This training will equip participants with the needed knowledge to apply ground-breaking Envision concepts to daily work and projects.
On Demand eLearning Opportunities
- Principles of Public Works Operations: Asset Management;
- Principles of Public Works Operations: Engineering & Technology;
- Construction Inspection 201: Project Management.
- The Exhibitor Showcase features the best resources for public works, as well as informational videos and product information